Meditation app Calm and American Express are announcing a new Sleep Story, “The History of a Dream,” narrated by Scottie Pippen, debuting on the Calm app. Calm and American Express teamed up with the six-time NBA champion and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist to create “The History of a Dream,” written by Charles Duffie, where Scottie takes listeners on a journey through the history of basketball as they drift off to sleep for the night.
Mindfulness remains more important now than ever before. That’s why, American Express is currently offering Card Members complimentary access to a one year Premium membership with Calm, and half off the following year, if they are not currently Premium subscribers (from now through October 31, 2020). Additionally, beginning today, American Express Card Members have exclusive access to join Scottie Pippen and renowned sport psychology expert, George Mumford on Thursday, October 8 at 7:00 PM ET, for a virtual discussion about how mindfulness helped Scottie during his playing career. More about the event and the link to purchase tickets can be found HERE.
Check out more info about the collaboration below:
Calm x American Express: Scottie Pippen Sleep Story
- Calm, in partnership with American Express, have teamed up with Scottie Pippen to create “The History of a Dream” Sleep Story.
- In “The History of a Dream,” Pippen lulls listeners to sleep as he takes them on a journey through the history of basketball.
- If you’re craving more basketball as you anxiously await the championship series, tune into “The History of a Dream” as you drift off for the night.
Partnership Details: Calm Offer for American Express Card Members
- Wellness continues to be top of mind for Card Members, which is why American Express is excited to extend its partnership with Calm by introducing a new “Sleep Story” with six-time NBA champion, Scottie Pippen.
- Earlier this year, American Express introduced various limited-time offers, services and solutions to support Card Members as they continue to adapt to new ways of living and working from home.
- As part of these new benefits, eligible American Express U.S. Consumer and Corporate Card Members, as well as Consumer Card Members across 44 other countries, can redeem complimentary access to a one-year Premium membership with the sleep and meditation app, Calm, and half off the following year (if they are not currently Premium subscribers).
- This is the first time Calm has made a one-year Premium membership available at no cost. U.S. Card Members can visit Calm.com/AmericanExpress to enroll in the new offer through October 31, 2020.
- To celebrate the release of the new Sleep Story, American Express Card Members will have exclusive access to join Scottie Pippen and renowned sport psychology expert, George Mumford, for a virtual discussion about how mindfulness helped Scottie during his playing career. Card Members will also have the opportunity to participate in the discussion by submitting questions to Scottie and George in advance of the event, and each ticket will include a commemorative photo signed by Scottie Pippen and a signed hardcover copy of George Mumford’s The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance.
photo via Calm/American Express